Monday, August 10, 2009

Good News and Good Times

We've been out of town ... Jeff and I were very lucky to have my friend Nancy and Rebecca/Mark (my sister and her husband) watch the girls this weekend and we went to Blowing Rock. It was a beautiful weekend in the mountains especially since it was much, much cooler than Raleigh. We stayed at the Victorian Inn (highly recommend it) and ate our way through Blowing Rock. Throughout most of chemo my taste buds have been off kilter. Things just haven't tasted the same. But this weekend, I ate like a queen. Steak, pasta, chocolate, french toast, apple tart, etc. The town is small -- only a few blocks long and the people were so friendly that we started talking about retirement.

And, that's what the whole weekend was ... it was like a long conversation with a long lost friend. Jeff and I have talked a lot this year but sometimes it just feels like we talk about today or tomorrow. With the luxury of a weekend we took the time to dream and project out another 10 or 15 years which we haven't done for a long time. We'd talk about the girls starting kindergarten one minute and the results of my recent MRI in the next. We talked about options and surgeries between admiring waterfalls and vistas. We sat and sipped a glass of wine while we discussed the pros and cons of a lumpectomy or a mastectomy.

In a nutshell, the doctors have left the decision up to us. They've given us a lot of data ... and left the final decision up to me. I had a great response to chemotherapy according to my MRI last week so the option of a lumpectomy has been given to me. That's MAJOR improvement from where I was at in Feb. And, now the decision is ours to make.

I'm praying for guidance and wisdom and I think I've made my decision ... now I just have to call the surgeon ...

God Bless,

Ann

3 comments:

  1. The Power of Prayer! :-) Your weekend sounds like it was one long Prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever decision you make, it will be the RIGHT decision! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes my day to know you had such a peaceful, relaxing and fun weekend. :) Prayers for the right decision...

    ReplyDelete