Sunday, August 30, 2009

Step Two ... Scalpel Please

I always wondered if the operating room sounds like it does on TV ... and tomorrow is my chance to find out. Except I'll hopefully be asleep all day.

Many of you have asked if I'm nervous ... I'm not. I've spent the weekend in Roanoke/Salem, VA with my mom's family. I have a horrible head cold and I'm dripping like a leaky faucet but it was a great distraction to keep me from wondering what tomorrow will bring. Anytime there is that much food in crock pots and 9x13 plates ... you know you'll have a good time.

Thanks for all the well wishes and the prayers. We're praying for clean margins and a minimal amount of lymph nodes to be extracted. My parents are here to help take care of all of us and I'm expecting a quiet week at home catching up on chic flicks.

Ann

PS ... Happy First Birthday to my nephew Isaac. It was great watching him eat cake in his birthday suit.

5 comments:

  1. Ann, I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending good thoughts your way. For all of Ann's local peeps, the Camdens seem to be covered this week with Groovy G and Marie visiting, but we do have a couple of meals for the following week posted on the CareCalendar. Contact me for Qs!

    love to you, Ann!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of prayers going your way today. May the surgeon be guided throughout the procedure and you have the best possible outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and praying for you. Hope that it was all smooth today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Camden,
    Our family is praying for you. Please let us know if there is ANY thing we can do:) Watch the girls, meals, grocery store....etc..:) Anything. Love you LOTS and you are in my thoughts!
    Love,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete