Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Two frogs and a spider

You know your kid loves you when she takes her ten cents from being good at school and buys two plastic frogs from the teachers treasure box to put in your bed. When you come home from surgery and crawl in bed and there is a red plastic frog on the alarm clock by the bed and a green one on the pillow (about the size of my palm)... you know it's her way of saying I thought of you. She could have bought snakes she has told me since but she knows I hate frogs. Since it was a weekend full of pranks to my siblings beds and cars, it was great to see Grace get in the spirit. I put a rat under her pillow for tonight.

Praise the Lord, the surgery on Monday went well. It was a long day with a lot of waiting and my arm is very sore. The sentinel node biopsy went exceptionally well with a 95% chance that there is no cancer in the lymph nodes. They took about seven or eight from what the doctor told Jeff and my mother. I am still waiting on the pathology report from the actual lumpectomy but I'm expecting good news there as well. I'm just waiting for the phone to ring.

I have one drain under my right arm and it drains into a little bottle the size of a running bottle that I keep pinned to my shirt. I'm still bandaged up pretty good and my shoulder, elbow, fingers, etc. on my right side throb. I'm taking a lot of pain killers and it hurts to use my hand/arm and until the drains come out I'm not supposed to do a lot.

Well, the pain killers are kicking in ... it's time for a nap. I hope Grace hasn't set out more critters for me to find.

Fondly,

Ann

3 comments:

  1. Love that Grace (and you). Hope the pain dissipates quickly and that you don't go crazy while you're waiting for that to happen. Call if you want to be kidnapped out of your house--or just sit out in your lounge chair on the deck and enjoy the cool air and sunshine. I'm certain it's here this week for you, to get you some fresh air while you're resting.

    Hoping for positive results from the pathology report.

    love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story about Grace! Sounds like the best news you could have asked for. We will keep praying that the path report comes back the way you hope. Enjoy this beautiful weather! You'll be out running in it before long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm so impressed that you could type! I was so thrilled to receive the very good news after your surgery. You, Jeff and the girls remain in our thoughts and prayers -- call if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete