Friday, February 20, 2009

Exercise

Jeff and I went to exercise last night. Normally we like to talk and catch up ... last night we each plugged in our headphones and away we went ... into our own worlds. It was nice not to think about anything but music. Although, I borrowed his Ipod and it was way too mellow for a good workout. You can not bike to Allison Kraus, Bonnie Raitt and Lyle Lovett. It just isn't healthy.

I'm still planning on doing the half marathon with dad in Norfolk in late March. How cool is that. Thirteen miles with the first man you loved ... and its his first half. I'm so jazzed for that ... of course now I'm nervous I'll be "breastless" and recovering from surgery and on the sidelines. Tomorrow I'm going to do another long run. I'm hoping for 8-10 miles. I did 11 two weeks ago and felt great until the very, very end ... but I could have gone the distance. Now, I'm not sure. I'm scared.

I have had so many family members reach out to me. Few of our friends beyond our true inner circle know. But, its been great to hear from folks. They ask what they can do ... here's my list ...

1. PRAY. PRAY. PRAY.
2. Give Blood. I don't know why this keeps hitting me ... but give blood. The world needs it.
3. Send me funny jokes. I need a good laugh.
4. Treat me normal. Tell me what's going on in your life. I don't want to be the center of attention ... okay, not all the time.
5. Help my husband. He's taking on a lot right now and needs an outlet too. Invite him to hit golf balls, shoot birds, drive go carts, cheer for Purdue ... he needs away from all the estrogen in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment