Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dreary Weekend but Memorable

Radiaiton continues to go well. My chest is turning red and itches a lot. I'm using lotion by the gallon and other than feeling sticky, I'm not sure it's doing much but I'm trying to follow the doctors orders.

The girls have had a great Halloween weekend. Grace dressed as a maid servant. She was Cinderella before she became a princess. Rose was a snow princess, she wore a white cape that was covered in snowflake buttons. I'm most proud because I was able to make both costumes and they were original. It felt great to have enough energy to be able to make the costumes and be there with the girls to attend Falleluia (an annual event at our church) and Trick or Treat. I even won homemade pumpkin bars at the cake walk! It was a great weekend to add to the girls childhood memories. I wonder if they'll even remember their costumes in ten years.

This morning my friend Nancy and I volunteered at the City of Oaks Marathon. It was a driving hard, cold rain and I felt for the folks who were running it, including several good friends. I looked in the eyes of all these runners who were fighting so hard to keep going (I was at the 8.5 mile mark where they turned around for the half or kept trudging out for the full). It reminded me of this year and what a struggle each of us faces. Everyone has their dragons to slay, their burdens to carry. I'm sure each of the runners today made memories they will never forget.

Jeff's parents have been here visiting this week. Jeff's dad hasn't made it down this year and he's been thrilled to have them here. They are working on a huge doll house that has sat idle in our garage for more than a year. I have no doubt that many hours will be spent playing this beautiful, homemade masterpiece over the next few years. I know when I look at my doll house I remember all the great times I had playing with my sister. Unforgettable.

I have treatment number 19 tomorrow morning. If I counted correctly, I may finish the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I'm trying not to get my hopes up ... but how can I not?

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Camden,

    I am so glad you are facing the end of radiation. Remember always: "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!" I wish I could have seen the girls all dressed up:) I bet they were just 100% sweet looking! (as always!) I have missed seeing all of you! :)

    Glad to hear that the dollhouse will be finished! What fun that will be! I had such great memories with mine...and I look forward to reliving some of those with the girls when I watch them:)

    May God continue to give you strength! I love you guys!

    --Olivia

    ReplyDelete