Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chemo ... the end of a very quiet week

Chemo today went fine. As I listened to two other women detail all their nasty side effects I had to thank God that I have been so lucky. There were no measurements today ... next week. And, the best news of all ... I am in the home stretch with only 5 more infusions. And, the icing on the cake ... no Procrit shot today. My red blood cells looked good so I didn't get an injection in my belly. I've never been big on shots that feel like fire going in and like you've been hit by a line drive softball for days afterwards. I'm thrilled to be nearly done and while I appreciate my nurses, etc. I'm ready to find better ways to spend a Thursday.

Jeff has driven to Hardy, Va to fetch the girls from my Aunt Becky's house. They've been there since Sunday. I understand she's running out of food because Grace is always asking for seconds. I'm wondering what she served them ... I heard the words "Lucky Charms" for breakfast. I used to spend a week with the Vernons when I was a kid and I'm thrilled they got the same opportunity. It was always a memorable time playing in their huge backyard, helping in the garden and riding on the boat. It's been very quiet here. Jeff and I have enjoyed it and gone out to dinner twice and a movie.

That's the update from here. My friend Paul from high school is coming to dinner tomorrow night. I'm reading The Shack and finding it a very unique perspective on religion. I hope to sew a little this weekend, swim a little and of course REST. Most important, I plan to celebrate Fathers Day with the girls and Jeff.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you only have five more chemos left. I wish all of your family and friends could each do a round of chemo for you, with you still receiving the positive benefits. You have been so tough with such a great attitude.
    I know you'll be glad to have the girls back. Peace and quiet is great for awhile, but I usually miss the chaos after twenty four hours. :)

    ReplyDelete