Sunday, June 7, 2009

Soreness, Shopping and Self Pity

My muscles were pretty sore Friday night. I lifted weights and walked on Fri. and I think that contributed. It was the first full Friday that I've worked in months and it felt good to really feel like I contributed at work last week. There is a lot going on right now and I want to do my share, pull my weight, etc. But, by Fri. night I felt like I had a bad case of whiplash and the flu all mixed together. Even my chubby cheeks ached. And, the doctor called to prescribe another pill ... for potassium. It's huge and chalky. I'll be eating more bananas and spinach.

Sat. I went shopping with Rebecca ... funny story ... I was trying on hats at Macy's and I wanted to see what they looked like without my wig so I mention it to Becca who puffs up like a sister protecting her sister and says, "I dare anyone to say anything to you." I knew then I was safe ... she would protect me from any store clerks gone mad. So, I slipped the wig off, stashed it in my shopping bag and started trying on hats in my bald state. Red, black, white, pink ... anything cooler than the wig. The clerk watching over the area was wide-eyed but didn't say a word as I tried on all my hats, then put back on my wig and came over to pay. She never made eye contact. I would have never done it alone ... thanks Rebecca.

I'm sad and disheartened to think I have 7 more weeks of chemo. Suddenly it seems like it is dragging. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm tired. I've been reading about Job and David in the Bible and how long they suffered and how patient they were ... I'm running out of steam. I'm sure it wasn't any easier back then and I'm just feeling sorry for myself. But, I want my life back.


Ann -- is it over yet -- Camden

6 comments:

  1. Mrs. Camden,
    We continue to keep you and all of your family in our thoughts and prayers. I had such a fun time with the girls last night:) They are just the sweetest little girls I know!:) I love each moment I get to watch and be with them. They really are growning up fast!:) Love you and hope to see you soon!
    ~Olivai

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, did you find a cool hat? Becca reminds me of my sister Emalee and her "lethal purse". She is a terrific sister--both of them (so it wasn't grammatically correct!):).
    Hope you managed to fit some rest in there--might help.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed spending time shopping with you and the girls. Anytime - I'm willing to go (and to ward off any pushy sales people). Hang in there, eat your spinach, and try to get some rest.

    Love,
    bec.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe this is another reason you get a break soon. Maybe the accounting needs to be different--7 left, yes. But 4 + 5 = 9 down, more than halfway. Or, by weeks--you have finished 8 + 5 = 13 weeks (at least) of chemo, which is nearly 2/3rds through.

    But, I think I prefer to throw the math out the window and think about upcoming mile 6 of a half marathon--the pre-race butterflies are gone, early tension and uncertainty have worn off, but you're not quite halfway there. You have a better idea of what lies ahead. You know some of those miles will be rough and you'll be weary when you reach the finish line. Maybe it's that knowledge that brings on weariness at mile 6--the inevitable, "are we there yet??" The important thing is knowing that finish line is up ahead and knowing that you'll get there. Even if it seems to be taking too long!

    Hugs, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann - Warrior over Cancer - Camden

    I always knew that we should listen to Coach Steph! She is right on target and you are right on target to finishing your goal!

    Keep Training!

    Nancy - Trainer/Friend - Zech

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann- I got my packet. Love the shirt- very cute! I can't wait to wear it Saturday morning. I am running at 7:45 so I will find you all when I get done. If the weather is anythng like it is today, I should be done by noon!
    Seriously, I am really looking forward to it and representing your team. You have the best strength, determination, faith, and honesty.
    Michele-proud to be your fan- Hamilton

    ReplyDelete