Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Preparing My Questions

I meet with my oncologist tomorrow and I'm compiling a long list of questions. Last night with our power out, the girls in VA with my brother and his family, we sat in the garage watching the rain and furiously drafting our questions for the doctor. Has the chemo satisfied his expectations? What are the chances for recurrence in one year, two years, five years? What are tumor markers and where do I fall on the scale? Can he recommend a plastic surgeon? When will I get my life back? Will I always have heartburn? Is that the least of my problems?

It's anxiety for certain. Anyway ... the girls have been with my brother in Chesapeake since Sunday afternoon and they voted to come home. We've enjoyed the silence for certain but I'm really looking forward to seeing them tonight and hygging and kissing on them. Last night they called home thrilled with their new math workbooks and were so excited that they had already completed one book and were moving up to level 2. I hope we can bottle that excitement to last through college.

Please keep us in your prayers for guidance and peace during the next week as we meet with the oncologist and surgeon. Thanks for all your support.

Ann

3 comments:

  1. Reading this, I can't help but think how God uses our experiences to build on one another and prepare us for what lies ahead. Thinking about how He has used all your years of interviewing and writing to prepare you for this very moment. You've been given the gifts of gleaning information and thoroughness when asking questions -- those gifts are worth more than gold right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with you this week as you get answers and develop more questions. May your mind be clean and body strong.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers are with you today--sounds like you have a comprehensive line of questions. I'm sure it's a comfort to have the girls back home--but good luck on keeping that excitement going through college.
    love and hugs, dad

    ReplyDelete