Saturday, September 26, 2009

For I know the plan

Daily Bible Scripture - Jeremiah 29:11-13

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

It's late in the night/early in the morning and I'm struggling to escape the stress of change. And, I'm wondering why it matters. What's keeping me from sleep? from peace? If I really believe in God ... then I would believe he has a plan even when I don't like the plan I'm seeing. Even when it hurts just to look at what I know of my plan for the next few months at home, at work, at the radiologist office, at church ... so I wonder is it that I don't believe or do I not embrace change like I used to?

Someone is up going to the bathroom ... maybe I can talk them into snuggling mom back to sleep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhOJW4Uwy3c

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Camden,
    May God give you the strength you need to get through this. "I CAN do ALL things through Christ you gives me strength(Phil 4:13) I love you lots and you are in my thoughts often!

    Love,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, this reminds me of our sewing lesson. (I am teaching a small sewing class; both boys and girls.) We will begin working on a strip quilt next month. I told them to pick three different fabrics for their quilt. They are to choose, one light print, one dark print and one solid. They will begin sewing rows alternating light, dark with a solid here and there. The light squares will represent the "happy go lucky" times in our lives where we feel "on top of the world". The dark squares will represent the challenging times which often include, worry, fear, anger and so on. The solid squares will form a cross when the quilt is completed BUT only upon completion will it be seen. I want them to understand that often we get stuck on a "square" we are consumed by that feeling and it shadows our lives BUT it is only when we step back and see the row of squares, then two row sewn together, then three... four... and so on that we can see the beautiful picture God has quilted for our live. Often the picture wouldn't be as beautiful without the "dark" squares/ times...

    The verse you quoted at the beginning is one of my favorites and one that I will use during this project. They can only take one row home at a time to sew. That way they won't know the “whole” picture until it's put together!

    Praying for peace, calm, and the beautiful picture God is quilting in your life….....

    ReplyDelete