Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm Radioactive ... well, I will be ...

So I'm going to be radioactive 33 times but only for 15 seconds per treatment. We are advancing to the "final" stage of treatment -- radiology. And, I say "final" because in reality I actually will be in menopause and treating this with hormones for the next five years. I'll also be praying it doesn't come back and that I don't get lymphodema (swelling of the upper extremities/arm). Anyway, I'm working toward qualifying for radiation.

Why do I have to qualify? First I have to get my arm to move a lot better. I have a serious tendon that pops out if I put my arm up in the air and behind my head. I have to be able to hold it up and still long enough to make a mold of my body so I can lay absolutely still during radiation. And, I have to get another mammogram ... I think this will be my fifth one this year. This will be my baseline. And, I need a flu shot (you should too). The bad news of all this is that it's highly unprobable that I'll finish my treatments before Thanksgiving. I'm bummed.

So, I'm continuing to pray for patience and healing. I've been blessed in so many ways that even if I'm not finished with my regiment of treatments at Thanksgiving, I have so much to be grateful for and if you're reading this you're one of my blessings. Hope you have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. It was really good to see you and Rebecca. Thank you for being there for Trina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Camden,
    you are in all of our thoughts and prayers often! :) Please, let us know if we can do ANY thing for you guys! We really don't mind! :)

    Love you!
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not be finished by Thanksgiving, but you WILL be finished by your birthday! I know you'll be ready to start this "final" stage soon and that you're mentally ready to get started with radiation already. Thinking about you every day.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete