Thursday, September 3, 2009

More good news

The surgeon called yesterday. I have clean margins in both the tumor tissue in the breast as well as in the lymph nodes. There were active cancer cells in the tumor material but if the pathology report is right then they got it all with a clean margin around the edges. Of the seven lymph nodes that she took, apparently after further investigation there were cancer cells in two of them but with all the nodes she took ... again it's clean margins. I think my mom summed it up well, "it's great news ... not excellent news."

I should be thrilled and jumping around with relief, but I'm still in a lot of pain and I'm remarkably nervous ... could it come back again soon? I'm wondering if there are little cancer cells that we didn't get and wondering should I have done the mastectomy. But, as every doctor told me ... don't look back. Make a decision and move forward iwth it. So, that's where I'm at now. I am trying to heal and move forward so I don't keep wondering about the "what if" scenarios. It's not as easy as I thought it would be.

That's all I know.

4 comments:

  1. I am so pleased to hear this GREAT news. I can and will continue to pray for that "excellent news." Be strong and look forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can get the drain out today, Ann! Eyes forward--toward healing and recovery.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have a feeling you would always wonder what if and question your decision, even if you got "excellent" news. We are human so that is just our nature. Hopefully you have some peace in your prayers and all of us praying for you. It will not go unanswered. I'll see you Monday with some food!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann,
    We are praying for God's peace and comfort to sustain you during this difficult time. We are ready to have the girls whenever you need us.
    Much Love,
    Myra Leigh

    ReplyDelete