Sunday, September 13, 2009

Not so pretty in pink

I've come to hate the color pink. I thought it was overwhelming that the girls love it so much ... but I'm definitely more of a red person. I'm lounging around the house today trying to get the swelling under my arm to ease. I feel like I'm holding a ping pong ball in my armpit. It's uncomfortable but not uncommon apparently. And, I'm decked out in a pink survior shirt and a pink sweatshirt with pink ribbon socks ... why couldn't they have chosen a more aggressive color -- like red. I love red.

When the alarm goes off in the morning it's back to work for me. I also need to work on getting back to the gym, out on the road and off the couch. There are so many rules in life ... floss, exfoliate, exercise, work hard, pray, love they neighbor ... how do we fit it all in?

Thanks for all the notes and prayers. I have several doctor appointments this week to get me all ready for radiation. I'm dreading the constant disruption of radiation. A daily trip to the doctor/hospital where I'll take it and having to schedule work and life around it sounds like a real inconveninece.

That's my update. I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself because Jeff and the girls (after sleeping in a tent in our backyard last night) are now closing down the pool for the last day that it's open this year. They have a whole different life that I'm not even a part of sometime. That's kind of lonely.

Ann

2 comments:

  1. Just remember--you're the center of their lives, as they are of yours. Two down, one to go, you're on the home stretch, and you're going to be a winner!!
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that Groovy G-pa. You are resting today (yesterday) so that you can finish treatment and jump back into life on YOUR terms!

    Hugs every day,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete