Friday, April 10, 2009

Chemo ... Round Three


It seems like so much more. It's been a busy week again. Wed. night we hosted our friend from college, Joe Hoff. It was great to visit with him and remember some old time and fantasize about new trips to take.

The girls were off to doughnut day and playing with friends and didn't even miss us. The tumor shrank another centimeter. My blood counts passed ... but I'm fighting anemia. The nurse recommended a few ounces of red wine. I like her. Between the four anti nausea medicines I take, I don't have much of a life in the afternoon. I was asleep. I did make it out of Danny's Barbecue on my own two feet. I slept the way home and afternoon. I did manage to walk about 1/2 mile yesterday afternoon down to the dam at our lake.

The girls are at the zoo today and I'm checked my current email at work and feel comfortable it's time for a nap. As soon as I get Jeff properly on target for his honey do list.

Jeff's brother and his wife and family are coming for the Easter weekend. Stupid me let Rose tear up a piece of packing foam in the playroom ... so we have some last minute high volume vacuuming to do. But, I did finally get the Christmas stuff out of the living room. So, I'm calling it progress.

Posted a family photo from this fall. I hope to take Easter photos of all of us in our polka dots. Happy Easter to everyone. Please take time and remember that God sent his only son as a sacrifice to us ... what have we done to make a sacrifice for him?

4 comments:

  1. That's great news--more positive results!! Glad to hear you've got Jeff lined out, I know he'd be lost without your list. Looking forward to the Easter photos.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Happy to hear your great news! Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive, right direction, and good news on your progress. Great!
    I look forward to my runs as that is the time I send you energy.
    Have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to a great friend! You can come over and have red wine, red meat and greens anytime. Hope you had a great weekend with your family.

    love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete