Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just can't wake up

Monday was a drag. I couldn't stay awake and had waves of pain and nausea most of the day ... needless to say I didn't go to work. Even climbing the stairs was a chore and nothing I ate tasted normal, good or even palatable.

Yesterday cancer got to me ... I was mad and depressed. Today I managed to make it to work and after a few hours of normalcy, I felt much better and rallied this evening to help make dinner and go for a quick walk around our very big block.

My devotional last night was on "Be not afraid." I think yesterday I was truly afraid and needed to hear this message. So many times in the Bible it tells us not to be afraid ... yet it's so easy to be terrified of the many unkowns.

I go back to the doctor again tomorrow thanks to Jeff. He's a great nursemaid. He called and told my nurse that I'm struggling and barely getting by ... so I am going to get another steroid booster shot in the morning to help boost my energy level. It's sad ... I'm looking forward to it. I'm way to stubborn to admit I need help sometimes ... I guess that is where we balance each other out. I don't know where I'd be without him.

4 comments:

  1. Mondays suck!! Sounds like you bounced back Tuesday, and I'm hoping today and rest of week will be even better. With your teammate and all the rest of your team pulling for you, I'm sure it will be.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're having a bad day, please call a friend!

    We should find a way to siphon kid energy directly into your port. Rose and Stephen always seem to have plenty to spare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...do call a friend:) I'd love to come help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that your Mondays always seem to be so crummy. It wouldn't be normal if it didn't get to you sometimes- you can't be superhuman! What a great devotion you had last night. It seems like God knows what we need to hear and when we need to hear it. Please call if you need some help- you know that I would love to pick up the girls any day, or make a meal, or scrub a toilet....

    ReplyDelete