Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter


It was a beautiful day ... from my vantage point on the couch with my eyes closed. Jeff's brother and his wife, along with their daughter and a teenage friend visited with us this weekend. That was great and another positive from having cancer, we probably wouldn't have got to spend that time with them without this diagnosis. And, they were a huge help ... decorating cakes, playing with the girls, making the lunch and dying eggs. It was a lot of fun and the girls especially loved the attention.


Chemo on Thursday went well. Friday, the girls were at the zoo all day, Jeff was volunteering at the church. I tried to rest. I watched a movie. I just moved a lot and I've paid for it on Sat. and Sun. I'm exhausted. I can hardly keep my eyes open and I feel bruised all over. I joke that I have bed sores on my shoulders from all my napping. I'm having a difficult time finding anything I want to drink ... suddenly everything has too much sugar. How could that happen?


While it is Easter and there are so many great Scriptures to reflect upon ... I'm looking at a card that has a quote from Emerson ... "Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience."


Happy Easter Everyone

5 comments:

  1. Great picture, and you all do match. Three down and you're improving every time--I think Emerson is very apropos.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy you enjoyed the time with family! Thinking of you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's time to drink all those drinks you used to think were gross--coffee, V8 juice?

    Great Easter photo! I love how you all stand out against the backdrop of azaleas. Love the hats, too!

    Love Emerson and that quote in particular. Little known fact that he was a Unitarian minister, in addition to his beautiful writings on nature.

    love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture. The girls look like quite the little ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo and the hats!!

    ReplyDelete