Monday, April 6, 2009

Saving Second Base

Several people have asked about our t-shirts ... here they are at their debut on March 18. Nancy found them -- probably at Cafe Press. It's hard to read but below the "softballs" it says Save Second Base. Nancy is on the left and Steph is on the right. (This is before my haircut(s)).
And, I didn't pass the blood test again this morning ... this time I was given EPO. Long word for the steroid all the professional cyclists use. So, I've given up the dream of winning the Tour de France this summer. I'm a "doper" in the world of cycling. Seriously, it should give me more energy and help my blood cell count.
My head/hair hurts. It feels like someone is yanking it out.
My prayer for the day:
"... it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright!"
1 Corinthians 13:12

5 comments:

  1. So you and Lance are both out, it's going to be a boring Tour. Hope our weather misses you, it's clearing but cold mid 30's here this am. When do the girls get to do the paint thing? Are you going to say "here I am, take it or leave it" and run that picture?

    Great shirts; we'll have to wear them at the Triangle Race for the Cure. Guys probably don't wear them, huh? Oh well, we'd be proud to wear them for you.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Biggsy helps me with my 3-Day fundraising each year, "Save 2nd Base" is what he puts in the subject line of his emails. It gets past the spam filters, makes his friends crack a smile, and gets their interest. Works every time!!! He can raise more in a day than I can in a month -- he just reminds his buddies how much they love their wives' chi-chi's and it works!!! Hang in there, girl, you're doing great!! Praying for you always....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, we look good! Rest today and know I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

    Steph

    PS Frank, you can borrow my SSB t-shirt anytime. I think fuchsia could be a good color for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Steph, I think you're right. It should go well with the grey everyone keeps imagining they see in my hair.

    Thinking of you tomorrow, Ann and hoping you'll get some more positive news like last time.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shirts - thanks for sharing them with us! I'm sending positive thoughts your way!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete