Friday, May 15, 2009

Ann's Fans Rock

Our Race for the Cure team, Ann's Fans, has raised more than $6,100. (And, there is still time to join us.) I am so amazed. Our team is in fifth place. And, tonight in my old stomping grounds back home in Indiana (or maybe northern Kentucky) ... there's a poker game going on and I've been promised all of someones winnings. I've been assured they don't play for Oreos like we did when we were in high school. The Komen Foundation doesn't accept Oreos.

On the second day of Taxol (out of 12 weekly treatments), Taxol gave to me ... nothing really. I had some munchies and was in a fog due to the two Benadryl I have to take before I go in. But, isn't that a normal day for so many of us? Otherwise, the nausea is dramatically reduced other than some in the mornings still. I laid around on the couch a lot last night and watched some hockey (GO CANES). My regular Physicians Assistant wasn't there at the office yesterday to measure the tumor so I don't know how much it's gone down. I was still anemic so I had another booster shot of Procrit. It causes some back pain later in the afternoons. All in all ... the second day of Taxol was good.

Jeff and I are going to a new parents coffee at North Raleigh Christian Academy this morning where the girls will start kindergarten this fall. It's a long way off but I am already nervous that my surgery will fall right about when they start school. I know it's silly to worry so far in advance but it just nags in my mind. Oh well, we're off to coffee ...

Have a great weekend!

The Lord said, "... You are precious in my sight, and honored, and I love you." Isaiah 43:4

http://race.komennctriangle.org/site/TR/Race/General?team_id=21701&pg=team&fr_id=1070

Ann

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are feeling well.

    For those of you watching our "Ann's Fans" progress through the blog, today we moved up to 4th place in our fundraising efforts out of 688 teams, and we are up to almost $6500! Thank you for your continued support, and invite your friends :) Kids, adults, walkers, runners, and "Sleep In for the Cure" members are all welcome as well as donations to finding a cure. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I think the contributions are starting to come in at an exponential rate. That's great!! Great job team leader and a huge "Thanks" to all of Ann's many fans on behalf of her family.

    Besides the monetary contributions and terrific support, I believe that all the many prayers on behalf of Ann and her family are paying off with continued positive response to the treatments.

    Hope you all are having a great weekend, Ann & family, and enjoying the company of great friends.

    love, dad

    ReplyDelete