Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Exhaustion Crashes Down.

We still don't know why ... but I had a fever today. I'm not "allowed" to have a fever over 100.4 and mine went as high as 102. Needless to say, we went to the oncologist for an emergency appointment. Of course I got there and didn't have a fever ... so I promptly threw up all over the lab. That got me some attention. I was assigned my own room and spent the next several hours having blood work done and an IV bag. They checked me for bacteria, urinary infection, respiratory problems, etc. No real reason for my fever. I'll be on antibiotics for the next week to help. And, they gave me a "revved up Tylenol" painkiller for some back pain and cramping I was having. Praise the Lord, my blood work looked good. I have healthy red and white blood cell counts ... so I do still have a working immune system. That was a huge relief.

Jeff sat with me the whole time and is the one who asked me early this morning if maybe I had a fever. He read a magazine for hours in this tiny little internal room while I dozed. I don't know how people go through this alone. There is a certain comfort just having him there with me. And, I have to send a HUGE THANKS to our friend Kellie who took the girls on very short notice and kept them most of the day. Again, it's our friends and family pulling us through all this that help so much.

It's the last day of online team registration. We're in fifth place which just clouds my eyes thinking about it. That's so much more than I ever dreamt possible. http://race.komennctriangle.org/site/TR/Race/General?team_id=21701&pg=team&fr_id=1070if you haven't registered. I think we have more than 100 people on our team. Amazing.

Praying for peace and comfort tonight. Grateful for all the love you've all continued to show our family ... even when we don't deserve it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you had a rough day, but excited to hear the GREAT news about your blood work and the effective immune system. Glad to hear it!

    The team registration has been extended to 6 AM Wednesday morning - an extra 6 hours for those down to the wire people. We are within $200 of our $10,000 fundraising goal, and have over 130 people on the team. Thank you all again for your generosity! (Ann's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't look now but we have broken $10K! This is so wonderful and amazing. Ann, you have so many people pulling for you. I hope the antibiotics work quickly, you rest peacefully tonight, and you feel better in the morning.

    XOXO
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
    Grandon turned 14 on the 26th...so hard to believe!

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you today and hoping all goes well.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete