Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekends Are Good

My Race for the Cure team is in 7th place for fundraising ... wow that is awesome. I am proud and I am humbled. Please join us if you can. I'd love to see everyone. I even FINALLY figured out how to set up a page tonight http://race.komennctriangle.org/site/TR/Race/General?px=1408485&pg=personal&fr_id=1070 although I still haven't mastered a picture. Rose and Grace dictated their own commentary for their pages as well ... check it out.

I lounged most of the weekend. My brother came down to visit from Norfolk and was pleased to find me looking relatively healthy. We watched the Derby together, he and Jeff put out two truckloads of mulch, Rose relished in her financial windfall (she lost two teeth last week), Grace practiced her tricks on the swing set (which involves swinging with her hair dragging the dirt) and we met my sister and her husband at the Farmers Market for some shrimp. It was a good weekend.

I'm fighting more stomach issues today (could be the shrimp) and a nose that leaks like an old faucet. Otherwise, I'm good. I am visiting the doctor tomorrow at 8:45 and pray my red blood cells are high enough for chemo on Thursday without having to get a transfusion. So, that's my prayer request for the evening/morning ... lots of red blood cells. I'm off to have a piece of rhubarb strawberry pie to see if that will help.

More tomorrow ... make it a great week. Cinco de Mayo on Tuesday.

Love,
Ann

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe we are in 7th place overall! That is amazing with 520 teams registered. Loved your personalized page and the girls'.

    Hey, out-of-town family and friends, join our team and come down for the race! Hotel Jeffries has 2 extra bedrooms and is taking reservations. Less than 2 miles from Casa de Camden.

    I'm hoping for a high cell count--but as you've pointed out before, doing nothing all weekend wouldn't be a guarantee against a transfusion. So I'm glad you got out a bit this weekend and I love that you are planning around your meetings.

    Jeff is right. You are the Lion for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann:

    My thoughts and prayers are with you! You were with me when I ran the mini this weekend,I had my pick ribbon pinned to my collar!

    Praying for red blood cells!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Outstanding news on the team. It's because you have a terrific team and exceptional team leader. Great news on the blood count too. Nice to have some positives to balance things out. Betting rest of week will go just as well.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete