Thursday, May 28, 2009

Praise the Lord, I've got massive shrinkage!

The prayers are working. I can feel it and today I feel like I have tangible proof. I was healthy enough for chemo and just needed a little booster shot for my red blood cells/anemia. Nothing severe though. Jeff and I were THRILLED to hear today that the tumor is a minor 2cm or about 3/4 of an inch square. It also has no decisive edges and is more like a dense mass and not the solid and heavy rock that it was just about 10 weeks ago. And, we're about halfway through the chemo. I've had 8 total treatments and have 8 more to go. There was brief discussion about scheduling MRI's and scans in August before we make our surgical decisions. I'm torn, I welcome the idea of a treatment that is non-invasive as possible ... but I read recently an anology that I've taken to heart: "Cancer is like a terrorist group. You don't try to make peace with it. You annihaliate it and get rid of all the sleeper cells." I like that approach. I can sleep well with that approach for the next 50 years of my life.

And, I had the opportunity to stay home with Rose tonight while Jeff and Grace went to ballet dress rehersal. With twins, and probably all kids, its difficult to find time to spend with just one kid so it's always special to have that time. Rose found this book about a magic carpet with mazes and riddles on every single 32 pages and that was her top priority ... that I read to her. She was adamant that no one had ever read this book to her. I don't know where it came from ... but I read it. And, I loved it. Just watching her answer the puzzles and check the back and feeling her next to me and that closeness you get when reading to a child. We went onto make blueberry muffins and even do some beading (thanks Amanda) before Grace and Jeff came back home.

And, in case you didn't see it ... Ann's Fans (our Race for the Cure team) crested $10,000 earlier this week. I had tears rolling down my face when I saw that on Wednesday morning. My fans rock.

Thanks for all your prayers. God continues to bless us and amaze me ... that's worth getting out of bed for every day.

Ann

11 comments:

  1. This is really GREAT news. The power of prayer. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That is fantastic!!! We're still praying , but there are a lot of "Thank You" prayers too now, and a big "Thank You" to all your team members and supporters too.

    I'm sure Rose really enjoyed the special evening as well.

    Have a great weekend!
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann,
    I'm a big fan of the annihilation method. When Mom had to make her Big Decision, her doctor was very good about letting her make it. But once she had decided, he said he was glad she had chosen the double mast. That a lot of people think of it as the "left breast" or the "right breast" but that it's really all a system and they feed off the same hormones, blood supply, etc. Her tumor was really big -- and it was the kind that doesn't always show up on a mammogram.

    When all was said and done, and her surgery was over, they ended up finding cancer in the other breast -- that hadn't shown up on any of the tests.

    I am so proud of you and Ann's Fans!!! Ya'll are saving lives!

    Hugs,
    d.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news! Prayers for more shrinkage! (In this case a good thing...not like on Seinfeld.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Camden!
    I finally got on! :) That is great news! We will for sure keep praying for you and your entire family!

    Love you,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news Ann! I am so excited for you! And halfway there? That is GREAT! We will continue to pray and looking forward to the Race for the Cure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praising God for your wonderful update, Ann. We finally got on board (monetarily) today in support of Mark & Rebecca, so hopefully, you should see that total climb EVEN higher.

    Your words are an inspiration! Keep up the good fight!
    Love, Bev & Daryl & Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GREAT NEWS! I will continue to pray for you and your family!

    Love ya!

    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me first say that there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, funny about cancer. But that headline made me laugh so hard I spit water on my keyboard. I'm so happy for you!

    Love,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you and praying today goes as well as last week's.

    Hug the little water sprites for us.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Ann,

    Miss you in Maryland this week. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

    Hugs,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete