Monday, May 4, 2009

Sleeping In My Own Bed

Great news ... no transfusion. I am thrilled. I get to sleep at home tonight. My numbers weren't great so I got an extra booster shot this morning but I wasn't low enough to need a transfusion. I'm not sure if it's the booster or the timing of the chemo cycle but I've fought back pain all day ... but it's better than a transfusion. And, I have a large, snotty nose that drips like a Popsicle on a hot day. I feel much worst than I did on the day I had to have the transfusion ... and today I don't need one. I don't understand the way God works ... but I'm thrilled that I don't need a transfusion.

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1 I'm still hoping for a good week with the Taxol chemo on Thursday ... I have big plans for the weekend. Mother's Day weekend is our traditional camping at Don Lee, on the mouth of the Pamlico Sound at the Neuse River. It's in cabins and all the food is cooked. We sail, we swim, we kayak, we lounge, we cook marshmallows ... the girls love it. But I decided that a cabin with cobwebs and no air conditioning or heat, public toilets and baths, etc. is not a great environment for me. So, I have a room reserved at the closest bed and breakfast. I'll bounce back and forth between the two; I want to be there with the family but I'm so excited about my B&B. I just miss traveling and getting out of Raleigh so I am thrilled to finally get out of our house! I can't wait. The whole family is poised for a weekend of fun!

Hugs,
Ann

3 comments:

  1. We really enjoyed spending time just hanging out with you all this weekend. Thanks for letting us chill out all afternoon at your place.

    Great news on not needing the transfusion! We were praying for you. I hope you feel better and pain subsides. Rest, rest, rest...

    Thank you to those who have joined the team or donated to us. I am amazed at our quick progress. We've been an official team just one week, have 58 team members, 78 donations, and have raised over $3700 for breast cancer research already. Go team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT NEWS about not needing a transfusion!

    Enjoy your weekend!!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're thinking of you tonight; praying tomorrow goes smoothly and easily.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete