Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Tenderness of a Child

So, tonight I was lying in the floor tonight outside the bathroom door while Grace bathed. I was just moaning and groaning and feeling sorry for myself as my stomach cramped and churned. Food really hates me. But, the tenderness of Rose came through. She found me a baby blanket and a hug/kiss and sang me a tender sweet song she wrote herself about how she's there for me. It was really sweet. Just when I think they don't notice all that's going on around them.

We had a great Saturday at the beach with our friends the Jeffries. The girls caught all sorts of critters with the Jeffries boys. And, since Steph has a marine biology background ... that helps us Midwesterners learn a few names. They caught shrimp, crab, clams, fish and Stephen caught a flounder the size of a quarter. Amazing how perfect these little creatures can be and how they can have a place in the food chain. Really amazing creations. All the kids chased, played in the sand, jumped waves and just had a great time playing. I couldn't keep up with all the activities. I loved watching the girls play in the waves and shriek (especially Grace) with delight. I hope next summer is much better ...

On that note, I'm off to Greensboro for my first business trip of the year. Just a quick overnighter. I'm nervous. It's going to be a very long day leaving at 6:30 with a dinner tomorrow night and a lot of time in a chair. I just hope my back and stomach all hold together.

I found this Scripture tonight in my little bag of devotionals. It is helping ease my worry about the next two days. "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

Have a great week.

PS: our Race for the Cure team appears to be in fourth place at 70% of our goal ... that's just over $7,000. I can't believe all the donations. Team registration ends later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Great scripture. Hope the day goes well for you. Your fans are terriffic!!!
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet and innocent kids can be! And much more perceptive than we think so I am sure the girls know when you need a hug! I hope that you had a great overnight trip. You missed a mean meat loaf, but we will get you next time!

    ReplyDelete