Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hit Me Again ... I'm Not Afraid

Tomorrow I head in for "round two" of the Taxol treatment. I've moved my appointments to the afternoon so I can work in the morning which already feels less disruptive to the work week. I just have to remember to take Benadryl at 10:30, that might be tough. I already dislike this new schedule of having to go every week as I feel like today food was finally getting its flavor back (it could have been the great Mediterrean salad I had for lunch). Someone special signed me up for the fruit of the month club and I've been enjoying papaya smoothies this week for breakfast. And, since the weather has gotten warmer and the vegetables a little fresher, I have fallen in love with a dinner salad again. So far my weight has held steady ... no gain and no loss. That's our goal.

I really can't complain as this week has been good to me. I was able to make four batches of strawberry freezer jam with Stephanie and Nancy after work. The mouth sores haven't been so bad this time and my energy level at work has been good. I still have a lot of heartburn and constipation but I'm taking a lot of medicine for those side effects.

So, for the first time I'm heading into chemo without the weight of dread draped over my shoulders. I feel good about what we're accomplishing and how my body is holding up.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1. This is my verse that I'm focusing on as I pack my "goody" bag for tomorrow. I am not afraid for what the medicine can do to me.

One week from tonight my parents come to visit ... cancer has changed me already ... I've not started cleaning the house ...

Hugs,

Ann

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today--as always--and getting really excited about being there next week. Not only do we get to be with you, and see the graduation, but you made fresh strawberry freezer jam--whooo hooo!!!
    lol and an giant hug,
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark came in earlier tonight excited about the jam over at your house as well after reading your blog. Way to set the bar high sis!

    We've been praying for you today (and always). I hope everything went well for you and you are resting peacefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your having a good night. I was thinking of you today during my run.
    Strawberry jam is good.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we better make a few more batches with these jam-eaters coming around. I'm locking my freezer door and I'll save you a jar in case you run empty!

    Hope the rest of today went well for you. Glad we started the day right at Shelley. The cacophony of birds and frogs breaking the early morning quiet, with good friends along, seemed like a perfect start.

    Hugs,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete