Tuesday, March 10, 2009

And ... they're off ...

Well, we leave in just over one hour for chemo ... funny enough, I'm struggling with what to wear. It's a BEAUTIFUL day out ... and I suppose I should wear short sleeves so they can get to my IV, etc. I think they have blankets there for us to cuddle under in our Lazy Boys. I wish I would have loaded my Ipod with better stuff.

Jeff's making me steel cut oatmeal right now. I love the real stuff, the birds are singing, I've got a window cracked and I'm ready to get started.

I'm amazingly calm and the words from "How Great Thou Art" keep flowing through my head. With Jeff's mom and sister here last night; Grace running a fever most of yesterday hovering at 101; and a day full of really good meetings at work ... today has almost snuck up on me. I like the distractions.

So, the proverbial gun is about to go off ... and today will start the longest run of my life that I haven't really trained for, I don't know what the terrain will be and I have to realize that I don't need to finish first ... I just need to finish for the longest.

Stephanie has put together a calendar for us at http://www.carecalendar.org/, calendar code 13087 and generic code 1254. If you'd like to help out and bring a meal, take a kid for a day, etc. please go there. It should allow us to better orchestrate meals and so forth. They have been wonderful and a huge blessing.

So, as I leave for the day I'm thinking of this card someone sent ... no Scripture ... just a picture of a bulldog on a leash that says ... Ann (okay ... it was a different name but I like mine better) Ann was so tough, her poodle skirt had a bulldog on it ...just remember, you're tougher.

I hope so ... see you on the other side of chemo!

Love,

Ann

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,

    I'll see you tonight with food. I will be thinking about you today--am working from home--please have Jeff call if you need anything.

    Love you.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay bulldog, we're all thinking of you and praying for you today. If you feel like you're floating at times, that's the cloud of supporting love welling up under you to help carry you through this.

    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI!

    My thoughts and prayers are with you always!

    Love ya!

    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember that you are in good hands...God's hands. We will be praying that everything goes well today

    Love,

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, you've been training your whole life and you didn't even know it. Because of that, you are so strong and it is obvious from your words here. Keep your eyes on the finish line and run through it :).

    love,

    Michael and Liz

    ReplyDelete