Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Partner!

Today is Jeff's birthday. Jeff traditionally calls March ... "Jeffmonth" and this year he hasn't been able to celebrate in true Camden style. But tonight we've got loads of folks stopping by to play Guitar Hero and grab a slice of pizza. If you're in the area, swing by. Make him laugh ... celebrate life.

We met with the radiologist yesterday afternoon for an enormous stretch of time. She was thorough and detailed and we rehashed a lot about tumor sizes, family history of cancer, genetic testing and mastectomy vs lumpectomy and lymph nodes. We won't actually see her again until very late this year after 20 weeks of chemo and surgery plus a few weeks of healing. Jeff liked her. And, I liked her. But she scared the crap out of me. Lots of statistics about death and survival rate, radiation failure, cancer because of radiation, burning skin ... etc. By the end I was sure she had horns.

The heartburn continues and I'm calling in for a prescription for that now ... I hate taking pills. Ambien was going to cost me $20 a pill ... a little steep ... so I need to ask my doc to call in for Lunesta as well.

The highlight of my day was THE RUN. It was the camaraderie, the birds singing and the outfits. Nancy purchased three t-shirts for us to wear and when I showed up at six ... she and Steph were crouched behind a car ... wearing pink t-shirts (which is odd for both of them) and jumped out sporting "Save Second Base" t-shirts with baseballs strategically positioned. With a little glow in the dark paint strategically put on the "stitching of the balls" these could be a riot of a running shirt. I slipped mine over my head and off we went, four miles later when we proudly walked into the Y ... not a man would make eye contact. It was hysterical.

Happy Hump Day. I get to see my parents this weekend. I've never wanted to see them so bad in my life ...

Ann

7 comments:

  1. We're coming--the feeling is mutual. Hope the BD party goes great!
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Jeff. May it be a great day.

    Were any pictures taken of you guys in the pink t-shirts? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Run was the highlight of my day as well. We will definitely take a photograph. Let's do it again tomorrow!

    Looking forward to celebrating with Jeff tonight!

    Hugs,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful & supportive family. I love reading your Dad's comments on your blog. I know this weekend will be awesome. You go girl!!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the pictures!! I'm sure they'll put my shirt to shame. Really looking forward to a report on tonight. You have such a great support group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Jeff!!! You know Camden's do like to celebrate. Eat some pizza and cake for me! Can not wait for the pictures of all of you in your pink shirts. Do they that orders?

    Love ya,
    Bernadene

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, who is up for the Team Camden Race for the Cure? We could have "Save Second Base" team t-shirts. Brad and I are in!

    ReplyDelete