Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Strep Throat

Rose has strep throat. She's contagious for the next 24 hours. She's home from school today with Jeff. Grace's voice will be raw soon ... she hasn't quit talking. She loves it when she gets more attention. Jeff is sure he's getting it now ... and I'm going to try to avoid all of them.

The tests were big fun yesterday. Nancy, my running buddy, sat with me. She was very patient and accomodating, didn't complain once and talked about all sorts of fun things like surgical glue, running and knitting. It was like the Amazing Race through the hospital ... find radiology, find the mobile MRI, drink this magic potion, let us stick this in your arm, find a restroom, etc ...

Early indications are that everything came clean ... Praise the Lord ... no cancer in my abdomen, bones, pelvic, etc. At my final appointment of the day -- with my surgeon for a needle biopsy of my lymph nodes -- she pulled up all the results and let me know that things were looking good from the rest of the body perspective. We finally left the medical plaza at 2:00 yesterday famished but upbeat.

Tomorrow I go for "Chemo 101" to learn what to expect, etc. I'll get my official test results and I have another test of my resting heartbeat, etc. to evaluate my cardio I think. Best of all, I'm running with my buddies in the early a.m. with temperatures hovering at freezing and it could be the last run of the season at such cold temperatures. Or, maybe I'm just optimistic on a Wednesday!

Love to you all,
Ann

3 comments:

  1. So relieved to hear this news--I cheated and talked to Nancy last night. They're going to fall down when they see your great cardio levels, thanks to all your running. You got that one covered.

    I'll call you later to see if I can take you from the House of Strep to chemo on Friday. I'd love to.

    Love
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!! Positive news--well Rose probably doesn't think so, but yours is. Made my day as bright as the sunshine here. Hope you ladies have a great run tomorrow morning with warm sun, pleasant breezes and following seas.

    I'm trying to psych myself up for a long run this evening. I'll be thinking of you,
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Rose is looking better. She looked pretty pitiful last night. Glad to see you get to run and you're sounding optimistic. Hope you are feeling well...

    Love you,

    bec.

    ReplyDelete