Thursday, March 19, 2009

... a good time was had by all ...

We had a HUGE throwdown of a party last night. Our yard looked like a college campus this morning. It was ugly. The kids used their plates as Frisbees. But, the night was great ... a terrific reminder of how many great friends we have in the area (or how much people like pizza). I think we were upwards of 70 people flowing through the house. Thanks to all who stopped by or called.

Today I got my pixie cut. If you've ever seen Hook with Julia Roberts ... I look like her now. Well, not exactly. I like it ... but it's short. Sometime this weekend my hair should get thinner and then next Tues/Wed it will fall out. Suddenly, it all seems very real. Scary real. Driving to the stylist ... who made me feel like a million bucks ... the tears were flowing as I listened to Martina McBride's song "In My Daughters Eyes" ...
This miracle God gave to me
Gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

Tomorrow morning I head to the doctor office for a blood draw. They'll check to make sure my Neuopgen is working. That's the daily shot that Jeff gives me to help guard against infections and raise my white blood cell count.

Go Boilers ... that was closer than it needed to be.

Ann

4 comments:

  1. My family had a great time at the party- sorry for the mess. I am sure my boys contributed! I have yet to see someone lose their hair who didn't look great- and stronger for it! I hope and pray that your blood work comes back good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song...put it on cd I made for Carolyn when she went off to college.
    Glad we got to stop by last night and wish Jeff a Happy Birthday.
    I can't wait to see your pixie cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great party last night! Mark and I thoroughly enjoyed representing the local family. Really looking forward to our weekend together with the whole gang.

    Someone asked about a Race for the Cure Team. I am working on it with input from Ann and hope to be team captain (I'm her sister for those of you I haven't met or that don't know me - thank you again for all the great support!). More to come next week on Race for the Cure.

    Love,
    bec.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pixie cut looks great; still longer than mine!

    Have a great weekend with your family and GOOD LUCK to everyone running out there!

    love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete