Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another rainy Saturday

I was finally awake most of the day again ... of course it rained all day and like anyone else ... I wanted to get out. Jeff and I attended a "Get Real and Heel" program for exercise after chemo. I'm probably a little ahead of the curve on that one but what drove really hit me was that Jeff sat in a room full of older women as the only man and was very supportive. I don't know if I would have stayed without him.

It was my first time out of the security of our house in my scarves. No wig yesterday. And, we ended up at lunch with our friend Scott who, bless his heart, treated me just like normal just barely asking about the scarves, and even then very complimentary. My confidence soared. The girls have asked me to wear the wig to church this morning ... I'm sure they'll tell everyone at first. Since the hair hasn't completely fallen out yet and it's like a buzz cut, we haven't painted my head yet ... but the paint is on the counter waiting for a shiny spot. So far, they've been very good and Rose seems to like it very short.

I'm still studying Paul from the Bible. How strong he was and how dedicated to a cause. I keep looking for his strength in my fight. I'm humbled to see all the obstacles that are put in front of him and how he always has a positive attitude.

Jeff is taking my mom to the airport right now. I'll need that inner strength from Paul in the next two weeks. We're hoping Jeff's brother will be through here for the next treatment just before Easter. That's when I sleep the most and Jeff goes back and forth to the pharmacy the most.

Thanks to everyone for the cards, the meals, the flowers. I'm slowly making it through thank you cards ... but please know that your words of support humble us, comfort us and lift us up during the bleak days.

And, Mom ... thanks for coming. We'll miss you dearly this week.

Love,
Ann

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Jeff got Mom to the airport on time. She really enjoys his "pokes". Hope you get your walk in today. It's back down in the 30's here this morning after 60's yesterday, so not so pleasant.

    Let me know if you discover Paul's attitude secret. I could really use some of that myself.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete