Saturday, March 28, 2009

What's Vanity ot to do with Chemo

Well, after sleeping nearly every hour of Friday. I stumbled out to pick up my wig. Except ... to do it justice we had to shave off the rest of my hair. Which, my aunt Becky will be thrilled to know ... we kept to give to the birds and the bunnies for their nests. It's a circle of life, right?

I look pretty funny. Kind of like Demi Moore In GI Jane. Fortunatley there are no budding lumps where my horns should be. The wig that Rebecca and I picked out is great ... a very casual wig with style but not really well coiffed. And, we learned how to wrap scarves and caps and when to wear what ... it was very insightful. My colleagues gave me about six scarves that I'll get plenty of wear out of and I have three or four hats.

The chemo itself has gone well this time. I'm sleeping more than I thought possible but my stomach isn't as queasy. My mouth is bone dry. People have dropped by outstanding meals like soups, stews and casseroles. We are well taken care of ... what a blessing that has been. I'm glad it's raining so I don't miss going outside.

I could use a walk and signed up to go to an exercise and chemotherapy type seminar for mid-morning. Jeff is taking me. Even a walk would be a welcome form of movement ... if I can just stay awake long enough.

Hope you all have a good weeekend. Squeeze someone you love,

Ann

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you've got those horn bumps under control. Mom said you still look beautiful, and even without the wig. All my squeezables are with you, so you'll have to squeeze for me until tomorrow.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete