Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One day down

I made it through my first appointment. It wasn't bad. Just a lot of setting in my LazyBoy and waiting for the drugs to drip. It starts with a few anti-nasuea pills, plus another one via my drip, followed by two different official cancer killing drugs. I have an assigned nurse from Philly and she sat there with me most of the time checking my symptoms, etc.

I made it home and I was pooped. I slept most of yesterday and all night. I wanted to go for a walk but I couldn't handle that. No energy. I got sick a couple of times but hopefully the girls didn't notice. I want them to be protected from that.

Today is our anniversary ... 14 years of wedded bliss. We had pizza after our reception ... I guess this is the "in sickness and in health". Jeff is a trooper, a real prince and I'm lucky to have him ... even when I don't show it. We are already talking about a trip to the beach, or maybe Napa/Sonoma for our 15th year and as my pie in the sky ... for our 25th wedding anniversary, I'd like for all four of us to go to Paris. There's a light at the end of tunnel.

That's all the energy I have for the day. Grace still has a slight fever and Jeff made it to doughnut day. Rose is perky as can be.

Ann

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    You WILL visit Paris!

    Thinking of you!
    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaahhh!! One down, I can see the light too! Happy Anniversary from Mom & I. Hope your energy comes back soon, maybe you can borrow some from Rose--would probably both be more contented if that was possible. Glad Jeff made it to doughnut day, he'll need lots of energy.
    love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napa sounds like a great anniversary trip! I think we're overdue for another Ocracoke New Years. We will have so much to celebrate at the end of 2009.

    Ann, call me when you want to get out for a walk. My soreness is gone and I'm getting antsy.

    Happy anniversary!

    love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't help of think of the Third Day song "There's a light at the end of this tunnel for you"...great song. You should download it.
    I tried to call to see how you were. Thanks for updating the blog and letting us know you made it through the first round okay.
    Happy Anniversary!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. A&J - Happy Anniversary!!! It will be 50 years before you know it.

    Many many thanks to Steph for starting the web page :). It is great! Thank you also to those of you who have so graciously and quickly filled it in. On behalf of the family, we really appreciate your prayers, your love, and your support.

    Love,
    bec. (Ann's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Start planning that Napa/Sonoma trip. If you need help, I can give you some tips. Been there several times.

    ReplyDelete