Sunday, March 8, 2009

Why wait

Not much to report of course ... I'm tired. Sleeping better but just fatigued ... and I haven't started the treatments yet.

It's beautiful weather here. The girls are playing outside and I've promised them a trip to go help me pick out wigs and hats. I think getting them involved will help us all. One of the nurses recommended letting them paint my head when my hair falls out ... I'm a little nervous about that.

Jeff and I brought down my "new" dishes today. MaryBeth helped me wash them. For nearly a year they've been in the attic while I waited to redo my kitchen and get a new dishwasher. Large, plain white and very simple -- nothing fancy. Why wait? As Jeff and I celebrate 14 years of marriage this week ... which means 14 years of using the same dinner dishes ... I think it's time to use the new ones ... even if the kitchen isn't perfect. Who knows ... maybe I'll eat dinner wearing that new dress that I've been saving for a special occasion.

It's been a great weekend, I watched Stephanie place 9th in her first marathon; Nancy, Jeff and I decorated Andrew's yard with nearly 50 pairs of used running shoes to celebrate his birthday; I took a nap in the backyard on a lounge chair and I celebrated our anniversary at Hayes Barton with a HUGE slice of coconut cake and a great dinner. And, the church program today keeps reminding me that HOPE: believing that something good can come out of something bad. So many of our friends hugged me at church today it was almost more than our wedding ...

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Love,
Ann

3 comments:

  1. As I sit here and read your blog over and over, just trying to pick up new messages, I can't help but think you just made my weekend. Our church service had a different message, from the testing of Abraham...I guess my love of God is not strong enough, I could never say "take my child" and hope I never have to. I'm glad yours was HOPE, I much prefer that.

    Mom and I are still trying to figure out how to work our Valentines DQ Blizzards into the menu. I'm supposed to take her shopping--she's napping right now--and out for supper. We're always too full after, guess we'll have to start with dessert.

    Looking forward to our visit tonight as always,
    love dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing your comments on how you are feeling and doing. It helps to keep us in the loop when we are so far away. As I have been praying for you, I keep asking God how I should pray and this is what keeps coming to my heart. To pray for you to have a steadfast heart. I like the scripture in Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him who's mind is steadfast.
    Love and prayers,

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow morning as you start chemo. Thank you again for spending so much of your weekend with us. It meant so much to me to see you at the finish line. You were right there with me--every single mile--of that race!

    love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete