Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sleep ... why does it escape me?

Last night, I couldn't fall asleep until 4:30 and tonight I awoke at 3:30 ... I have to switch medicine. Last night it was nausea, tonight it was my bones hurting. I ache from the Neuopgen shots that Jeff gives me. The argument is legitimate that I overindulged on both days. I watched too much basketball (YEAH BOILERS), quilted, read, shopped, worked out at the over crowded YMCA, cleaned up a bit around the kitchen, etc. I 'm legitimately tired.

The girls are doing well. Rose has her tonsils swelling again. She is still on medicine. Her eyes light up when we talk about painting my hair with flowers, hearts, X's and O's. She and Grace want to know if it will grow in that way when it comes back. I thought I marketed this as a once in a lifetime event. I need to read our contract. I'm afraid to sleep ... what if they start painting in the night ... and I wak up looking like a rainbow. I'm planning on taking them to the indoor pool at the Y tomorrow after church. My bones could use the weigthlessness and we could use the laughter. Sadly, my vanity could use one more trip, even in a fitness swimsuit to the Y before I shrink or swell and lose all my hair. I'm starting to have anxiety about all this.

Tonight I almost lost it. I had a great afternoon shopping with my sister for Easter outfits, birthday gifts and wigs. I splurged on something for myself that a benevolent Aunt sent me (wink, wink). I was thrilled. Then our fridge went out. Long story, we hate the fridge. We should be redoing the kitchen this spring and a new fridge is not out of the question ... but not today. Not now. We dialed up Jeff's dad, aka Mr. Fix It, and by then Jeff had a solution. Half of our outlets are shot and we have ground fault issues. We need to buy ice trays. I really thought I was going to kick the fridge and throw a tantrum over it ... an icebox ... I mean seriously ... why doesn't anything work forever.

Well, that's a pretty bitchy post for me. I'm tired and cranky, looking forward to swimming in the afternoon since its going to rain again all day.
More positive posts tomorrow.

It's not really Scripture ... but what is the history/background of that song "One toke over the line Sweet Jesus, one toke over the line, I've been sitting right here in a railroad station ..." Is this about drugs or going home? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3ecDYxOkg It keeps running through my head ... Lawrence Welk calls it a modern spiritual. Hmmm.

It's 5 here now ... I guess I'll check the office mailbox and whittle through some of that. Remember Boilers play this afternoon around 3:30 ... go Boilers!

2 comments:

  1. Did you wind up with a wig, or did Grace? Sorry about your rough night, you and mom must have been communicating--she spent the night on the couch. Enjoy your swim--borrow the girls water wings so you can just lie back and float and relax:)
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again...sorry your weather is bad, ours is great today--50's and sunny with mild breeze. Mom & I just came back from leisurly walk through the woods to the other farm and back. Wish you all could have been here--actually, you were in spirit, and let me tell you, it was kind of crowded and noisy out there..grace and rose shouting out and showing each of their new discoveries, bec & mark walking along holding hands, chuck & andrea with Isaac babbling away around his fist, and you and Jeff strolling with us. It was a great walk...I'm looking forward to the day we do it in reality.
    love, dad

    ReplyDelete